beatz d nadtz

Tuesday, September 14, 2004

The Great Ijen

What a wonderful place! Ijen is really a great place to rest and to find much of wonderful things to refreshing the spirit! The great views, fresh air, cool water and also the people we meet there…. Ohhh you just can’t find it here…!!! I really love my friends there….! I’m really waiting forward to come to another natural places like Ijen n Sempu!

Last Saturday, me and my other 6 office friends go to Bungurasih at 9am, first I feel a little dizzy by the voice of people there. They just offering to much bus n direction! Then I’ve notice that they just want to make people like me and the others confused so we hardly find the most easy way to go to our destination!

So, me and all my friends are going by the regular bus to Probolinggo ( Bo’s Hometown ) then we switch bus to Bondowoso. It is becoz no “bis PATAS” to Bondowoso. The bus was stopped many times and many people just going up and down. First I wasn’t disturbed, but there’s too many people going up just to sell their goods and it makes me bored and really tired of it.

We arrived at Bondowoso’s bus station about 2pm. Then we start to looking for colt who can drive us to Ijen. Luckily, it wasn’t too late for the last colt. There is a white minibus. It seems almost full, but we still can have a ride with it. Each of us pay Rp. 10.000,- one way. I still dunno is it cheap, or expensive, or just the standard, but I’m not thinking about it. I’m not regret it at all, at least not since I have seen and feel Ijen!!!

The crazy colt driver filled the minibus with 30 people, including the driver. Crazy haa! But maybe I can’t blame the driver, coz after the second thought, I thing maybe becoz it was the last colt that day, so he just must help the passanger by taking them to their destination, just like me and the others!

So, finnally, after a long long journey…. About 4.30pm, our, (at least mine) “be-teness” start to disapearing…. I feel the cool air, beautiful mountains, the trees, flowers, and the sunshines on the mountains…..! The beautiful colours of nature just makes me forget the tiredness n be-teness off my mine:D.

Then we just arrived at Ijen…!!! Da de rraaa! Yippeeee! Finnaly we can eat! There is a “warung”, they sells coffe, tea, and some food! For the whole three days, we just eat fried rice, fried mie or mie rebus, with a very salty eggs…!!! Hahaha… but they can really delicous when u’re in a middle of hungriness.

That night, I just can’t sleep. I dunno why, but really hard to fell asleep! It was cold, but I don’t think it can make me hard to sleep. Maybe the new environment, or maybe just afraid that I will disturbed my friends with my snorring if I fell asleep:(. Anyway, I dunno what time, but finnaly I can sleep. And I woke up with fresh eyes, fresh enough to jumping around, running to “warung” and get a glass of tea. Oh… What a nice spirit of great holidays!

Hemmmm! Really enjoy it! That Sunday will be one of great stories of my life! I have an hour nice walking with Carla. With some cool stories of her, hearing the birds sing, the sounds of moving fog, the water flows, looking at the teardrops.
When we get back to the hotel, the others already grumbleing I think…. Hehehe…. They waited us for a long time just to go up to the “Ijen Crater.”

It written 3km to “Ijen Crater”, but it feels like we were walk through 20 km! Haha! We’re not climbing, but the path to go there is full with small stones and hills, which makes us easily slipped and tired. But that’s all worth it! Through all of it, finnaly we know that it really worth! We took a lot of pictures. So, this haliday really is on a one package! Beautiful mountains, great crater, lovely green lake, and wonderful memories.

We even had a chance to see a mini waterfall near the hotel. It is about 10 minutes from the camp. I love hiking through the rocks! i wish the water is pure water, not the sulphur water, so i can touch it, but what the hell, it really beautiful too! No one can deny it!

There some accidents too, but nothing can makes me regret it! I just love my holidays! I even thought that this is the most wonderful holidays that i had since Sempu Island!

I feel really lucky to have the day and to having friends to share the experience!

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home